I’m just going to list the highlight of the survey results here, we need to remember that the results are only from people who bothered to do the survey, and some people did not answer every question.
1. Many people list more than one item at a time (30.5% always, 67.8 sometimes) (97.1%).
Only one person never lists more than one item at a time
2. Only one person would say ‘NO’ if they were offered advice on the best method of listing, But some (27.2%) don’t know, or would look at it, before rejecting it
3. 65.9% of people use a careful calculation to decide the price of there items.
13.6% guess (6)
13.6% Base it on others prices (6)
6.8% just cover costs
4. 32% of people list on Sunday, the most popular day, followed by 16 on Monday, 6% on Tuesday, 12% on Wednesday, 14% on Thursday, just 6% on Friday and 14% on Saturday (9 people skipped this question).
5. The Evening is the most popular time to list (55.9%), with the Afternoon being 32.2% and the morning at 20.3%
6. 72.9% have been given no comments about their prices, with 20.3% who have had comments, while 6.8% can’t remember
7. 44.1% of people list after they have made something, with 45.8% after they have a good photo, and 5.1% (3) after a sale, of the ‘Other’ comments, when the person has ‘Time’ is the overwhelming factor.
8. 83.1% of people have no limit to how much stock they will list in there shop, with 13.6% (8) setting a limit and 3.4% don’t know.
9. Stock in shops
1 to 10 is 16.9%
11 to 20 is 28.8%
21 to 30 is 15.3%
31 to 40 is 16.9%
41 to 50 is 13.6%
50 or more is 8.5%
10. Of the 59 people who have completed the survey, only 48 wanted to be sent the results
Some careful though will go into my comments, but some things are clear from the start, Sunday is the day when most people list, and with most people listing more than one item at a time, items will fly down the ‘Buying’ page, as everyone list new things, I do know that I have had sales on Sundays, but without some way of tracking traffic to the site (Google Analytics) it is hard say if this is peak or not for visitors.
I have some strong suggestions but wish to keep this post short (every post seems to be long), so I’ll post some comments latter.